President Bush raised $27 million for the Republican Party. A record at a fundraiser.
Interesting pricing at the event, like for $2, 500 you got dinner... $25, 000 got your picture taken with the president... And for $250, 000 you got your license plate made by a former Republican official now in jail.
If you were wondering how many members of the Republican Party does it take to replace a light bulb, we have te answer for you right here:
1. One to deny that a light bulb needs to be changed,
2. One to attack the patriotism of anyone who says the light bulb needs to be changed,
3. One to blame Clinton for burning out the light bulb,
4. One to tell the nations of the world that they are either for changing the light bulb or for eternal darkness,
5. One to give a billion dollar no-bid contract to Halliburton for the new light bulb,
6. One to arrange a photograph of Bush, dressed as a janitor, standing on a step ladder under the banner ”Bulb Accomplished,”
7. One administration insider to resign and in detail reveal how Bush was literally ”in the dark” the whole time,
8. One to viciously smear #7,
9. One surrogate to campaign on TV and at rallies on how John McCain has had a strong light bulb-changing policy all along,
10. And finally, one to confuse Americans about the difference between screwing a light bulb and screwing the country.
And after all is said and done, no one will notice that they never actually managed to change the light bulb.